Sunday, June 14, 2015

Vintage Delta Bandsaw

There is a HUGE neighborhood sale in town every year that is a 'must-attend' for me.  Every year I go I come home with something that I've used around the house regularly. With a toddler and another on the way kids clothes were a priority for me this year.  I've seen some planes and other old hand power tools but never a score like this year.

I brought home a 1940's (my guess) Delta wood/metal 14" bandsaw with 5 blades for $70.  It's got an enclosed, cast iron base and is a tank.  There was also the wood only model with an open base for $40 that sold before I could get there.  Other than the wearable parts like thrust bearings, tires and guide blocks the saw is in great shape. It could use a fresh coat of paint but the boards it'll be chewing through don't care how it looks.


motor plaque 

Weird little oil port

model number
The only broken piece

No comments:

Post a Comment