Sunday, February 19, 2012

Planning a new Workbench

The time comes in every man's life when a simple fact can no longer be denied...  its time for a proper workbench.  Sorry, we're you expecting some deep philosophical insight there?  Not so much, but I do believe that working on a proper woodworkers bench can be very satisfying and therefore good for the mind and body.  The current workbench has served its purpose well as I am it's third owner.  My skills now far surpass its capabilities and it has become the source of many frustrations and wasted time.  Make note of the vice that I've adapted with wooden jaws.  It's seen a fair amount of use over the years but its limitations far exceed its usefulness in my line of craftsmanship.  

A reclaimed bathroom vanity.


No comments:

Post a Comment