Sunday, June 10, 2012

I think I remember starting a workbench

With the work on the cradle coming to an end I'm able to focus some attention on the workbench I started quite some time ago.  I still have a lot of work to do on making the tail vise assembly, but in the mean time I can get the top slab glued up and mounted on the base.
After spending considerable time staring at the two sets of plans, it finally clicked and I build the jig for making dogholes.  It was quite simple once I got going with it.  

I didn't have the ideal router bit for the job so I had to use a combination of my two routers.  I used a 5/8 straight bit with a collar on the big router to clear out most of the material.  Then I used a top bearing, 3/8 straight bit in the Dewalt to ride along the jig and clean things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment