Thursday, June 18, 2015
I spent some time in the shop preparing the saw for the new parts I ordered. First task was to get the tires off. The top one came off in one piece but the bottom was a different story. Regardless they both came off relatively easy. The glue holding them on was a different story. Lots of mineral spirits, a screwdriver as a scraper and lots of patience. 30-40 minutes later they were both cleaned up and ready for the new urethane tires that should be here next week. I did find something interesting underneath the tires. There is a line of holes drilled into both the top and bottom wheel. My only guess is that it was an attempt to take a bit of weight off to balance them. It either worked or was a waste of time because the wheels spin beautifully. I also spent some time cleaning up the table top. Went through progression from a rag with oil to 80 grit on ROS all the way up to 600 wet/dry by hand. I was hoping it would have shined up a bit more but i guess I don't need to check for stuff in my teeth on my bandsaw table.