Tonight I finished cleaning up the mortises. They should all be awfully damn close in size. I made them all 1/4" wide and my chisel fits in perfectly with hardly any wiggle room. That will make the tenons much easier to make. I also got the feet and legs drawn on so it's time to get things bandsawn.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
I've had a little trouble concentrating on the cradle since I got the wood for the bench legs... But I forced myself to get some work done on the priority project. It wasn't hard to switch gears since I was just going from cleaning out big mortises to small mortises. I started on the side rails. I got the mortises all laid out and roughed our at the drill press. Then it was just a matter of cleaning up the sides with the chisels. I got 2 finished and 2 to go. I have to be careful with working on the stiles and tenons until I get the end assemblies finished up. The frames are pretty much done and should change dimensions but I would feel better having them done before I move on to the next step that relies on their measurements.