Sunday, March 25, 2012

workbench update

Tenon was the word of the day.  I spent a few hours with the dado blade and dead blow mallet getting 8 of the 12 tenons fit. I  ran out of lumber before I could get to the short bottom rails.  I'll still need to cut some holes and pockets for the bolts that will help hold the bottom stretchers tight.  I think I'll also put some dowels through the bridle joint to strengthen it up.  Now I just need to get the maple for the darn top.  

I also ordered the tail vice hardware.  I though I better take advantage of the free shipping deal from Lee Valley.  The shipping weight is about 13 lbs so I think I save a decent amount. 

No comments:

Post a Comment